My Confession To Quit Smoking Part #2
Okay.. It’s been 4 days now on my trial of trying to quit smoking. 4 days of less cigarettes (1-2 sticks per day) is really tough for me… Honestly.. As a heavy smoker before this, I smoke 1 pack per day (20 sticks) more or less and cutting it down to 1-2 sticks per day is really challenging. It’s been 20 years plus I guess since I first started to smoke.. And enough is enough!
A few people had asked me; “Why suddenly you want to quit smoke?” – I have a few answer for this..
1. This is the month of Ramadan, so this is the best month to practice good things and trying to quit because of fasting.
2. There’s two death of two people that I know happen in the past week that really trigger some kind of ‘wake-up call’ button in my head. One of them died because of a lung cancer in Hospital Ampang last week.. And he’s just the same age of me.. 33 years old. God bless his soul. He’s indeed a good guy!
3. I don’t find smoking fascinating anymore.. I just burned my own money.
4. I need to do more savings in terms to achieve my goals.
5. I want to live a healthy life style.
6. I had enough of smoke.
… And the list goes on, I guess.
So what did I do to distract my self from burning another cigarette’s?
1. I tweet a lot in one day! Seriously a lot than I usually do.. Follow my tweets @farulazri
2. I watch a lot of movies.
3. Keep my self busy by doing anything else rather than just sit and smoke.
4. I don’t go out to Mamak Stall, so that I don’t smoke while chatting with friends.
5. I do my prayers. 5 times a day + 8 rakaat for Tarawih.
6. I sleep more than 6 hours per day.
7. Fasting during the month of Ramadan.
8. Asking and listen for advice from people who has succeeded in quitting smoking.
9. Think positive.. Think positive.. And always think positive!
… And the list goes on!
My target, I will quit smoking 100% before Ramadan 1432 Hijrah hit its second week.. Inshaallah and Amen!